Okay right now I’m kind of speechless and believe me that doesn’t happen very often. Today I was given an award by the lovely and talented lady Flooded Roses who can be found at http://floodedroses.wordpress.com/. The award was one I hadn’t even heard of till now and it’s called the sunshine award. I kind of knew that my writing wasn’t bad but to actually have someone give me an award for it was something I never expected so again I would like to thank Flooded Roses this award it terribly validating.
The award in particular is interesting because you can give it to any ten people who you think make the blogosphere a positive place and who creatively inspires people. It is a lovely thought (I’m not sure how inspiring I am) but I always try to remain positive although I am not usually successful. Okay I don’t know why I got this award I just know that I am thrilled to bits 🙂
As with most awards, the Sunshine Award comes with a few simple rules:
- Acknowledge the person who gave this award in a blog post.
- Do the Q&A below.
- Pass on the award to 10 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.
- Who is your favorite philosopher? – I’m not one that usually goes for other people’s philosophy but Kabhir was an Indian poet and philosopher that I admire
- What is your favorite number?- 2 maybe a bit simple but lets face it 2 is awesome it divides half of the existing numbers and it’s great to do stuff with
- What is your favorite animal? – Any huge dog is my thing but golden retrievers and Labrador are my favorite
- What is your favorite time of day? – No time of day is particularly good for me I’m more of a night person
- What are your Facebook and Twitter? – Telling you guys would spoil the mystery 😉
- What is your favorite holiday? – It used to the festival of Diwali but after I figured out the fire crackers were made by child labor and caused pollution I stopped celebrating. Currently my favorite is Holi (it’s not misspelled check it out .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holi )
- What is your physical favorite activity? – Listening to music playing games reading and I love all sports (but I’m kinda tired of cricket)
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? – I am addicted to soda, not club soda but like Pepsi and Coke (not the drug)
- What is your passion? – Cooking,Writing and Music are my passions but my ability to plat music is kinda low, I can sing a bit does that count?
- What is your favorite flower? – Orchids, they are beautiful and mysterious.
Now on to the people I want to nominate.
Unfortunately since Flooded Roses and Sam Social already have one the only person I have left to nominate is a good friend and talented writer Mr purple http://sleepingonclouds.wordpress.com/. His posts always get me thinking about how my life is going and what I can do to improve it or at least how to not feel so bad about what is happening.
Thanks to everyone that followed me and said so many supportive things to me it’s always a pleasure to write for you 🙂