Hey there people it’s me again!! (which makes me wonder who else would it be).Today I am determined to be in a good mood.Why you ask well because for the last few days I’ve been in a bit of a funk because of all the classes I’d been taking recently and because my exams are tomorrow.
You may rightly wonder what I am doing in the middle of the night writing a blog rather than studying or getting some sleep and the answer to that is I’m a bit of an airhead(or maybe a lot). I’ve been studying so much in the past days that I decided that I wouldn’t let my studies take away from my writing, especially after the great response to my last post (thanks everyone :)).But I find that I cannot keep it up. Hopefully I will be able to write a new post before my English exam but even in the worst case scenario I will definitely be back in 10 days (just enough time to miss me).
I would love too keep doing this but I have to make sure I at least don’t fail.So this is going to be my last post for a few days and I would like to leave you guys on a positive note, Starting off with my worst and best things about being gay and ending with a little recipe for making a killer cup of masala chai 😉
SOOOO , on with the list my first instinct was to start off with the best things about being gay so obviously I decided to do worst things first better to get it over with (like taking off a band-aide).So now in no particular order
The Worst Things About Being Gay
- Bigotry- We have to deal with it everyday whether it be from someone who knows that we are gay or even from random people
- Stereotypes- While I will admit I like beautiful things and do take care of my appearance I don’t ware spandex and have sex with everything that moves(although I wouldn’t mind the last one)
- Confusion- People don’t realize how confused gay kids are and the propaganda in the media just increases that confusion.
- Self Loathing-So many gay adults and kids hate themselves for something they didn’t chose and something they should never have to feel sorry for.
- Fear-Living in fear of being discovered,of being hated,of losing those you love that is probably the worst thing
Now on a more pleasant topic
The Best Things About Being Gay
- Beauty-Lets face it guys are hot if I can see that women are beautiful then straight guys you can also see that I’m right.
- Acceptance-Ever day I am thankful for being gay because it has given me a different outlook on life and made me more accepting of everything even if I don’t understand it.
- Strength-Being gay,having to come out, and dealing with hate has made me a better and stronger person through it.
- Will- Being gay has given me the the will to do something for the world.I was always someone who wanted to help people but after hearing about so many people who got through hell everyday because of who they are I am even more motivated now.
- Perspective-The best thing I could think up about being gay is that if you accept who you are then it gives you perspective.It lets you see through the eyes of a minority,the view point of the mistreated and it gives you new meaning to life,so that you embrace it and everything in it(or at least try).
And now for a little different part of the blog mt very first recipe!! Cooking is something I am passionate about and while I promise not to make this a cooking blog there are somethings I can’t live without and one of them is masala chai, so I felt this was relevant.
Masala chai is something I need everyday two times a day to function and I couldn’t bear leaving you guys without having given you this treat.
- 2 1/2cups of water
- 1 pod of cardamom
- 10g of ginger (finely cut)
- 2 cloves(if you want)
- 1 small stick of cinnamon
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 heaped tsp of tea leaves
- sugar to taste
Making chai is really easy first put the water and spices in a pot and put it on a low heat.Be sure to put both water and spices in before you turn on the flame because you want to give it time to absorb all the flavors. Let the water boil and don’t be in a hurry let it simmer.Once its boiled turn up the heat till the tea reaches a rolling boil.Once you do that add the tea leaves,again let this mix simmer for 2 minutes on a low heat.After that add the milk (and you can add more if you like your tea milky). Once you add the milk you will have to watch the tea carefully or it my boil over.Let it boil to a level where the tea starts rising and then turn off the heat. Finally use a sieve pour the tea into cups and enjoy :).
So i hope you liked the list and the recipe. If you did click the like button and comment if you didn’t get lost……just kidding I’d love to hear from all of you I am dying for some feedback. Love you guys and see you soon